Friedman Firearms Training
We now offer our 8-16* hour CCW training course to meet Penal Code 26165 stated below:
- For new license applicants, the course of training for issuance of a license under Section 26150 or 26155 may be any course acceptable to the licensing authority that meets all of the following criteria:
- The course shall be no less than eight hours, but shall not be required to exceed 16 hours in length.
- The course shall include instruction on firearm safety, firearm handling, shooting technique, and laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm.
- The course shall include live-fire shooting exercises on a firing range and shall include a demonstration by the applicant of safe handling of, and shooting proficiency with, each firearm that the applicant is applying to be licensed to carry.
*Hours dependent on the issuing Agency!
(Amended by Stats. 2018, Ch. 752, Sec. 1. (AB 2103) Effective January 1, 2019.)
Here’s what we offer:
We will come to your home or place of business and conduct the required classroom portion, and teach you to draw from a holster using the latest LaserLyte system. Then we will use the Richmond Rod & Gun Club to complete the live fire requirement. The complete cost is $350.00. You supply the appropriate firearm, ammo, holster, ear and eye protection. Ammunition must be factory fresh, either FMJ or JHP, and no reloads. 9MM 115 Grain is recommended due to lower recoil and better control. No single-action pistols, such as 1911 style, are allowed. For concealed carry Glock 26 or Glock 19 are recommended. Our recommended store is City Arms LLC located in Pleasant Hill near DVC.
Here’s the process for the Contra Costa County Sheriff: (Contact other Agencies as applicable for their specific requirements!)
- You submit the application under California Law above to the Sheriff's office in Martinez on Muir Road.
- Download the LiveScan form under California Law above and go to a UPS Store for fingerprinting for the background check.
- If your background check comes back clear, you should receive notice to interview.
- If you pass the interview, you should receive notice to appear for picture and signing.
- You will then be given a date by the Sheriff's office for range qualification.
- Now call us to arrange training if necessary. The Sheriff's office will require you to attend their PC26165 training as well. If we train you beforehand however, you’ll know exactly what to expect!
It is always better not to mix operating systems on CCW firearms. If you like Glocks, stick with Glocks. If you like Sigs, stick with Sigs. Try to put two firearms on the CCW permit so you always have a backup.
Carry what you train with!